January 7, 2012

London Calling

Terrified. It’s quite a statement but that’s what I feel right now… terrified. In five days I’ll be moving to London for four months. People do it all the time but to me this is an extreme move. I have been switching between using the word terrified as both a good and bad thing. The bad: that I’ll be leaving my family and friends for a few months. The good: that I will be traveling to a country I’ve never been, meet new people, have different experiences, study and work in a location unknown, and create another chapter in my life.  Even though I am terrified I don't know if I can say I am using the word correctly because at the same time I am overjoyed, nervous, excited, interested, ect. Studying abroad will be a life changing experience for me and I am beyond grateful that I have the opportunity to do so. I am terrified that I will leave what I already love and am terrified that I will love London more than what I already know.
This blog will turn into my outlet for stories of new experiences, new friendships, new developments, and anything else I discover about myself, or the foreign country that I will be calling my home for the next four months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment